Sugaring is a hair removal method that is completely natural. Sugaring is similar to waxing, except instead of using wax, a heated solution of sugar, water, and lemon juice is used. Warm the paste and apply it thinly to the skin in the direction of hair growth. After that, the paste is removed with a cloth in the opposite direction of hair growth. Sugaring is an excellent option because it is inexpensive and simple to do at home. Sugar, unlike wax, sticks to the hairs instead of the skin. It is far less uncomfortable than waxing.
Sugaring is a centuries-old method of removing unwanted hairs. The sugaring london is gaining popularity since the results are similar to waxing. Even yet, there are certain differences between sugaring and waxing, such as the sugar being merely softly warmed (never reaching the same high temperature as wax). As a consequence, it causes only little irritation to the skin. The sugar sticks exclusively to the hairs, not the skin. As a consequence, it causes the least amount of discomfort. The method of application is comparable to waxing. Sugaring is a process that involves applying hot sugar to the skin and then removing it using strips.
A sugar paste recipe
All you’ll need is 2 cups sugar, 1/4 cup lemon or lime juice (vinegar can also be used), and 1/4 cup water.
Over medium-high heat, all of the ingredients are combined and warmed, stirring often. Reduce the heat to low and cook for about 15 minutes, or until the paste has turned a rich caramel color. At regular intervals, remove the saucepan from the heat to enable the bubbles to settle and the color of the paste to be examined. It is necessary to completely heat the mixture. Otherwise, it presents problems when it is used.
How to Apply – After the paste has completely cooled, apply a thin coating to the hair and then peel it off. To remove the paste, use a muslin strip or your fingers.
If the hairs are removed from the legs or another large region such as the back or chest, a large volume of paste is required. Half of the mixture should be utilized at a time, and the other half can be re-cooled while the other half is being used. The brows, facial hair, and bikini line are all treated with a small amount of paste. Sugaring paste works best on hair that is at least 1/4 inch long.
Suggestions & Tips for Sugaring
- Make sure your hair is clean and dry before applying Sugaring.
- All creams and oils should be removed before sugaring.
- Apply the sugaring paste in the direction of hair growth.
- When pressing the cotton strip on top of the paste, a small portion is left free at the end. It is the source of the pulling.
- Instead of using the flat side of a spatula, use the edge. This ensures that a very thin layer is applied.
- Quickly pull the strip back in the opposite direction of hair growth. Remove the strip without lifting it up or out of the skin.
- Hold the skin securely in one hand while swiftly dragging the strip back with the other.
- Warm the paste in the microwave or oven until it is just warm. It should not be overly hot, since this might irritate the skin.
If hot water is used to warm the paste container, the water should be allowed to penetrate the paste since the paste is water soluble and will degrade if it is not.
Benefits of Sugaring
Because the sugaring london is made organically, it is devoid of chemicals. It does not stick to the skin like wax. It does not cause much discomfort. The list of possible outcomes is long.